Kitty Ears pattern:
red heart yarn
size h hook.
1. Skip first stitch, hdc across.
2-3: Ch 1. skip first st, hdc across. Skip a stitch and hdc in the last st.
4. Ch 1. skip first st, sc across.
5-6: Ch 1. skip first st, hdc across.
7. Ch 1. skip two sts, hdc across.. Skip a stitch and hdc in the last st.
8. Ch 1. skip first st, sc across. Skip st and sc in last st.
9. Ch 2. Sc in middle. Sl st into last st/corner.
Cut. weave in ends.
I attached a fluffy yarn by single crocheting *onto* the piece. I would sc a row down, turn (ch 1-2 for an even corner) & sc'd back up. I'll continue this until the ear was covered.
You could easily crochet a separate triangle/circle shape and attach it instead.
You can view this on Ravelry!