Here's what I did for this mini top hat! By looking at it, I already know my yarn was Red Heart. I think this was a good choice because of how stiff it is. It can hold it's shape pretty well.
- Crochet a circle
- Instead of bpdc (back post double crochet) do it as a single crochet. (bpsc, not a super known term, rite?)
- Single crochet in the black loops in the round to desired length
- FPSC (front post double crochet) but do it as a single crochet.
- Increase (using single crochets) every 5 or 6 stitches. ( *Sc 5x, inc * around)
- Single Crochet around
- Attach yarn on the sides and just make a chain. Basically a headband.. top hat.
I added thread/yarn and tulle on mine.